Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer's almost over.

We are in August already.

How did that happen?

There are moments when I think that this year has flown by and then the very next second, it feels like August 2011 was an eternity ago.

He deployed on August 24, 2011.  This deployment felt different than any other.  There was no dreaded sense of anticipation, no fear, no stomach ache, no tears.  It actually felt like he was probably going away for the weekend, I would see him in again in a couple of days.  It didn't feel like we were saying "goodbye" for an extended period of time.

It took a couple of weeks for the panic attacks to start.  I won't get to see him for a whole year.

I managed to make it with my sanity mostly intact.

I can't wait for him to come home so he can drive me crazy.

I CAN'T WAIT!

(Watch his homecoming video here.)

No comments: